The roots of Biochemistry at Indiana University School of Medicine can be traced back to 1922 when the Department of Pharmacology, Materia Medica and Therapeutics was renamed the Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology.
In 1958 the Medical Science Building was completed, and a reorganization created separate Departments of Biochemistry and Pharmacology. The name of the Biochemistry Department was changed in 1990 to include Molecular Biology in recognition of the importance of this field to the discipline.
This material may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, display, and certain other uses of protected works. The user of this material is responsible for compliance with the law.