The purpose of the Staff Council at Indiana University‐Purdue University Indianapolis is to represent the staff in the communication processes and the decision making of the University and
- to increase the sense of identity, recognition and worth of each staff member in his/her relationship to the University,
- to identify concerns relating to staff and to seek their solutions,
- to provide a channel of communication for staff with administration and faculty,
- to promote staff development and to recommend policies which aid in retaining highlyqualified personnel,
- to integrate the staff into campus governance and existing University affairs,
- to establish and promote University‐wide activities, publications, work‐shops, and seminars,
- to serve as a resource for other schools or units in the development of School or Unit Staff Councils.
This material may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, display, and certain other uses of protected works. The user of this material is responsible for compliance with the law.